Attorney Solutions for Business Valuation in planning or dispute resolution settings.
For over 35 years The Ostermueller Group has been collaborating with law firms throughout the United States & Canada to provide consulting, business valuation services and forensic/ expert testimony services. We are experienced at explaining and/or defending our analysis and conclusions to a variety of audiences:
- Attorneys’ & CPAs’ clients,
- tax authorities,
- judges/juries and
- other dissident parties
We have provided these services in planning, mediative/ settlement and litigative settings and we have testified in various U.S. state and federal District & Bankruptcy courts and in the Canadian Supreme courts.
Further, as Instructor for the AICPA/ Thurgood Marshall Federal Judicial Center’s joint program for Federal courts’ judges, held at the Center’s Washington, D.C. national training/ A-V facility, Mr. Ostermueller co-developed & co-presented a full day class presentation, Business Valuation & Use of Experts by the Federal Judiciary, to the attending Federal Judiciary there from the U.S. Tax, Claims, District & Bankruptcy courts, including videotapings for distribution to the U.S. Federal Judiciary.
Attorneys contact us for purposes of:
- Planning for ownership transfer
- Mergers & acquisitions and sale negotiations
- Valuing intellectual property for licensing or sale
- Divorce, including joint appraisals and collaborative divorce
- Business litigation support regarding valuation and/or damages
- Business planning
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Estate planning or gifting, including charitable contributions
- Employee incentives and options
- Enhanced earnings determination
- Financing & SBA loans
Damage analysis and expert witness testimony for:
- Patent, copyright, trademark and
- Shareholder disputes
- Insurance claims
- Breach of contract
- Loss of key person
- Lost earnings
- Loss of business opportunity
- Termination of dealership
Other Services We Provide to Attorneys and CPAs:
- Examination and critique of opposing valuation reports and opinions
- Forensic accounting/tracing
- Calculation of reasonable royalty rates
- Executive Compensation Reasonableness determinations in litigation settings
- Defense of IRS & Dissident Stakeholder challenges to Exec Comp Reasonableness
Building our business around these specialties gives attorneys, CPAs and business owners confidence in the outcomes we provide because we independently arrive at our onclusions and can clearly explain them to all parties involved.
Contact Us to discuss your client’s needs today.