The Ostermueller Group has in-depth experience in business brokerage and other buy-sell transaction settings, and has provided independent valuations and hypothetical value indication consulting to both sellers of existing businesses and investors considering the purchase of a business.
We can help in educating/assisting those new to the private business buy-sell process, as well as in providing specific services to those who are more seasoned.
For example, we have experience with:
• Reviewing offers to purchase/partner with an existing business.
• Helping to identify or directly approaching or negotiating with candidate businesses on behalf of a client who wishes to remain undisclosed, temporarily or permanently.
• Assisting in financial analysis and modeling of candidate businesses, including industry and demographic research/analysis, under varying assumptions being considered by the potential buyer.
• Assisting in strategizing for or in drafting Letters of Intent, and in related financial planning for generating an Offer to Purchase.
• Critiquing valuation reports prepared by others.
• Referring clients/candidate business owners to local attorneys experienced with buy-sell business transactions and with required documentation/activities for and conduct of business transaction closings
Providing more global advisory or consultative services to assist in our clients’ candidate identifications and screenings, financial/operational/organizational analyses (pre-and post-purchase), purchase due diligence and overall decision-making.