For over 35 years, The Ostermueller Group has been providing Business Valuation services to clients in the St. Louis, MO area, as well as across the US and into Canada & the UK.
Our founder, Ralph Ostermueller, ASA, CPA/ABV, CFE has been retained as Expert Witness to testify and provide independent business valuation opinions for many purposes. For the AICPA, he co-developed and co-presented a full day course & video-taping on the Use of Experts in Federal Courts to assembled members of the US Federal Judiciary in Washington, DC. He has served on ASA’s Board of Examiners for business valuation credentialing and on the AICPA’s Business Valuation sub-committee, the AICPA’s senior business valuation technical body.
We have been retained as experts by attorneys and client entities of varying sizes and legal definitions/ forms. Our valuation subjects often are located in diverse and multiple locations and operate in many different industries and professions.
Following is a sampling of the subjects and situations for which we have performed Business Valuations and related expert/advisory services:
• Litigation support, forensic accounting/fraud investigations and related testimony
• Business and professional practice valuation-related issues
• Dissenting minority shareholder/ shareholder oppression matters
• Tax planning and compliance
• Mergers, acquisitions and other forms of corporate reorganization
• Marital separation and/or divorce
• Buy-sell agreements
• Buy-sell planning
• Compensation reasonableness determinations/disputes
• Corporate ownership and valuation disputes
• Closely held businesses
• Corporate securities
• Dissenting shareholder actions
• Estate and gift tax-planning or reporting/ tax filings
• Income and charitable contributions
• IRS challenges
• Liquidation/ Bankruptcy
• Loss of goodwill/eminent domain
• Property taxes
• Royalty rate studies
• Solvency opinions
• Stock options
• Shareholder/partner disputes
For more information about our Business Valuation and Expert Testimony services, contact us at (314) 965-5921 or email@example.com or see Consultations and Fees in the FAQ section.